We understand that commercial fishing is critical to the economic well-being of thousands of Alaskans and dozens of coastal communities.
Examples of McKinley Research’s extensive work in the seafood industry include market research, infrastructure assessment, feasibility analyses, policy research, and socioeconomic research.
Our clients include communities, State of Alaska agencies, harvester groups, processors, community development quota groups, and marketing organizations.
McKinley Research manages the Seafood Market Information Service for the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.
This program includes maintaining an extensive database of market information, publication of frequent bulletins and special reports, and presentations to industry members, agencies, and community leaders.
- Seafood Market Information Service
- Emerging Markets for Alaska Seafood
- Dillingham Seafood Processing Plant Feasibility Study
- Analysis of Commercial Fisheries in the Aleutians East Borough
- Southeast Alaska Salmon Industry Infrastructure Study
- Alaska Salmon Market Indicators
- Glacier Bay Compensation Plan Economic Assessment